Been getting my vegetarian on lately with this tasty twist on the classic spicy sausage – all the flavor, none of the meat!
Tofu Chorizo with Fresh Guacamole
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 blocks firm tofu
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes (more to taste)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tspcumin
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Step 1 Put oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 2 Crumble tofu into the pan. Cook, until tofu browns and crisps, 10 to 30 minutes.
- Step 3 Add dried pepper flakes, chili powder, cumin and cinnamon. Stir and scrap from pan, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar, add salt as necessary. Serve over lettuce or other greens
- Step 4 Garnish with fresh guacamole, or corn salsa, or sour cream – or all three !!!