Adventures in vegetarianism continued…These potato, mushroom enchiladas (with kale) are a mashup of a recipe my friend Theresa passed along and something similar that I had in West Virginia last week (because cheese)….yum!
Potato, Mushroom and Kale Enchiladas
- 4 large Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 8 oz Mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Pickled Jalapenos (minced)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1 handful Kale (sliced)
- 2 1/2 cups Enchilada Sauce
- 8 Tortillas
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Step 2 Boil potatoes in enough water to cover for 5 minutes, drain.
- Step 3 Saute onion and garlic in 1/4 cup broth until softened
- Step 4 Add another 1/4 cup broth and mushrooms, cook till softened
- Step 5 Add last 1/4 cup of broth, spices, and potatoes
- Step 6 Stir until heated through and bubbly
- Step 7 Stir in kale and remove from heat
- Step 8 Lay potato mixture down center of each tortilla and roll
- Step 9 Coat bottom of baking dish with some sauce, lay each enchilada, seam side down.
- Step 10 Cover with remaining sauce
- Step 11 Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 min, removing for final 5 minutes to brown top.
8oz can of Tomato Sauce
1.5 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/8 teaspoon Ground Pepper
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch