Adventures in vegetarianism continued…First day of school eve and I’m packing all the lunches tonight, including mine! Roasted pepper and tomato salad….yum!
Roasted Pepper and Tomato Salad
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 1/2 pounds red or red and yellow peppers, roasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pound fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped or wedges
- 1 head of romaine
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Step 1 Mix together the sherry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Step 2 Cut roasted peppers into 1/2-inch wide strips. Toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Add half the basil, toss again.
- Step 3 Toss lettuce with tomatoes and remaining dressing and basil. Top with the peppers.
- Step 4 Sprinkle on the feta cheese.